Adsterra Ad Network Review 2020
Adsterra is a relatively newer ad network that was founded in the year 2013. In just a short amount of time, it has become a large and active ad network with publishers and advertisers from around the world. It has earned a good reputation thanks to access to quality sites for advertisers.
Nowadays they cover over 248 GEOs and 25 billion + impressions monthly. Till now, Adsterra has run over 100K successful campaigns.
They have a wide variety of ad formats like Pop-under, Push up Ads, Banner Ads, and more (complete list included in this article). They also offer mobile ads and have a lot of different formats and methods of displaying ads on all mobile devices. In addition, Adsterra has some of the highest CPM rates around for publishers. Publishers looking to monetize their sites will be happy to know that Adsterra has a timely and reliable payment schedule.
This guide will break down the numbers and main features of this ad network to give you a clear picture of how Adsterra operates so you can see if it’s right for you.
- Display Banners (leader board, rectangle, skyscraper)
- Direct Links
- Video Banners
- Display Banners (leader board, rectangle and skyscraper)
- Sticky Footer
- Direct Links
- Push-up Ads
- Video Banners
CPM (Cost per Mile)
Desktop, mobile and tablets
Geographic, Purchase-based, Re-targeting, Site-Specific
The available payment options are Bitcoin, Paxum, PayPal, Webmoney, and WireTransfer. The payment fees and rules are as follows:
PayPal — Adsterra does not charge any fees to use PayPal. However, PayPal itself may charge 2-5% of the transaction amount.
Bitcoin — Adsterra will apply a 0.1% commission for Bitcoin transactions. Please keep in mind that Bitcoin rates are very unstable and are constantly changing.
Webmoney — Adsterra charges 0.8% of the payout sum (maximum of $50).
Paxum — Adsterra charges a fixed fee of $1 for every transaction.
Wire (bank transfer) — Adsterra will charge $50 for USD bank transfers and $0 for EUR bank transfers. You will be required to provide valid documentation in English.
Other Payment Details and Proof
Minimum payout for PayPal, Webmoney, Bitcoin, Webmoney, Paxum, ePayments, Payza is $5 and for bank wire, minimum payout is $100 PayPal, Bitcoin, Webmoney, Paxum, ePayments, Payza payments are instant, however, keep in mind that there will be a slight delay in the funds being visible in your accounts. Wire transfers usually arrive within 3-4 business days.
Payment dates are on the 1st -2nd and 16th -17th of each month. If these dates fall on weekends, or holidays the payments will be processed on the next business day.
On payment dates, payouts are processed from 8.00 am till 8.00 pm GMT.
To find out when your payment date will be, figure out when your profit reached $5. If it is in the period 1st -15th of the month, then you will be paid on the 1st or 2nd of next month, if it is in a period from 16th till the end of the month, then you will be paid on 16th or 17th of next month.
For example, if you reached $5 on the 8th of June, then your payment will be processed on the 1st or 2nd of July. If you reached $5 on 16th of June then your payment will be processed on the 16th or 17th of July. If the 1st of July is on a Saturday, then payments will be processed on the 3rd or 4th of July.
Here is the payment proof of Adsterra ad network.
Adsterra offers customer support through email and Skype. Their site also has an extensive resource and FAQ section where you can find quickly find answers and solutions.
Surprisingly, there is no online chat option available. However, their Skype support was very useful.
Read also 10 Best Pop-Under Ad Networks
Terms, Conditions, and Other Notes:
AdTerra‘s terms and conditions are designed to maintain the safety and quality of their network. There are requirements for site quality and popularity, for instance:
- Sites must be complete with content. In other words, sites that are under maintenance or unavailable will be rejected. Sites with too few posts or too many blank pages will also be rejected.
- The website cannot be overstuffed with advertisements. Sites cannot have 15 or more banners and 5 or more popunders. Sites determined to be popunder or banner farms will be rejected.
Some sites are not welcome on Adsterra
Certain categories and content of sites are rejected. Adsterra will reject your site if any of the following applies:
- Sites that promote, enable, or connect to illegal activity (such as how to make drugs, how to commit crimes, etc). Site cannot link to other sites containing the promotion of illegal content.
- Hacking and Phreaking
- Sites that promote hate based on race, religion, Ethnicity, or political affiliation will not get approval.
- Sites that promote or enable the abuse, physical harm and defamation of others.
- Sites that distribute Spam (unsolicited emails) or engage in chat and forum abuse, inappropriate newsgroup postings, or cyber-bullying.
- Sites with false advertising, altered link codes, illegal advertisements, and deliberate misrepresentation of promoted material.
If you are found to be artificially inflating traffic counts using methods such as (including but not limited to) a device, program or robot (bots), you will be banned from using Adsterra. They also reserve the right to refuse entry to your site for reasons not specified. In general, they do not want sites that have any illegal materials, are incomplete, have low-quality content, or material that can be seen as objectionable or overtly offensive. Note that they do not allow any type of pornographic site, but there are other ad networks out there that do accept these types of sites.
Adsterra has a referral program that offers 5% of the revenue generated by the publishers you referred for a lifetime (as long as the publisher remains online, of course). You can attract referrals to them via blogging, social networks, text links, and other options.
You may compare Adsterra’s CPM rates vs Propeller Ads and Hilltop Ads or other ad networks by countries here, including Africa and other regions.
Mainstream CPM rates:
|Adsterra mainstream||Popunder CPM||Banner CPM||In-video CPM|
Adult CPM rates:
|Adsterra Adult||Popunder CPM||Banner CPM||In-video CPM|
- Back URLs are provided for unsold traffic by user’s request
- High CPM rates for mainstream traffic: popunders in the USA, Germany and China, banners in Germany and the USA, and in-video ads in France and Germany.
- High CPM rates for adult traffic in France, Germany, and the USA (popunder), and in-video ads in Germany and the USA.
- Dedicated customer support is available 24/7
- Offers real-time statistics and reporting to publishers
- Supports various ad formats including in-video and banner ads
Read also Best Adult Ad Networks
- Aggressive advertisements have been detected
Adsterra is suitable for a minor website since it has no traffic requirements, and the minimum payout is $5. There is a large number of payment options available.
It has great CPM rates for mainstream traffic: popunders in the USA, Germany, and China, banners in Germany and USA, and in-video ads in France and Germany. Also, high CPM rates are provided for adult traffic in France, Germany, and USA (popunder), and in-video ads in Germany and USA.
They have plenty of options for ad formats, for both desktop and mobile platforms In addition, they have different targeting options, to help ensure the right ads are shown to the right audiences. These customization options mean Adsterra is flexible enough to fit in with just about any site.
What are you waiting for?
Click here to register and login to Adsterra ad network.
There are advantages and disadvantages to every ad network. Thanks to ad mediation services like AdSpyglass, publishers can link themselves up to all of the platforms above and reap the benefits that each can offer.
This practice naturally enhances a publisher’s opportunities for better ad monetization by allowing networks to compete with each other for their traffic in realtime. Not only this, with some publishers managing to increase their revenue by 100% as a result of using AdSpyglass, there are obvious financial benefits to be had.
Read also Best Ad Networks for Publishers 2019
And compare all ad networks CPM rates by countries here: Top Ad Networks