Hilltop Ads Ad Network Review
Hilltop Ads is an advertising network which allows publishers to monetize their traffic via pop unders. The platform is welcoming of both large and small publishers, with a $50 minimum earning on hand to provide a modest target for sites to aim for.
This is available weekly, delivered via a range of different payment options, including PayPal, Payoneer, Paxum and Webmoney, in addition to wire transfer and even Bitcoin.
Publishers benefit from a 100% fill rate alongside a referral program offering them a 5% split of each new publisher’s commission. Our investigations also unearthed high CPM rates, especially for sites with mobile inventory.
- Pop under
- Pop under
CPM (Cost per Mile).
You may compare Hilltop Ads CPM rates with other ad networks by countries here.
Desktop, mobile and tablets.
- Country / City
- Browser / OS
- Time Targeting
- IP Range / ISP
- Mobile Carrier / Wi-Fi
Read also Best Ad Networks for publishers
Publishers are permitted to withdraw money from their Hilltop Ads account provided they have met the minimum earning of $50. Like with most platforms, a transaction will commence after the end of the week in which the target was met. Given that some networks schedule their pay runs every month – in some cases bi-monthly – the frequency of these payments makes for an added benefit.
Users can load money onto a number of popular global payment services, including PayPal, Payoneer, Paxum, Webmoney and ePayService. There is also the chance to have it changed into Bitcoin and sent across through a wire transfer.
The group does not demand any fees for loading money onto these platforms, but the services themselves will often have their own charges for doing so. This ranges from the basic 3-5% charged by PayPal on each amount that enters its system, across to the sizeable fees attached by banks for doing the same over wire transfer. In each case it is wise for publishers to research the amounts levied by each group before deciding on the best way to claim their earnings.
For publishers that require customer support, Hilltop Ads is well-equipped with methods of getting in touch with the team. Connections to both email and Skype are available to its users, with dedicated lines for general questions, tech support, advertiser and publisher-related queries.
For those that prefer to get in touch over the phone, the group also lists its direct dials for the USA and the UK, as well as a general ‘contact us’ field. To make things even easier, all of these options are available on the Hilltop Ads site.
Terms, Conditions, and Other Notes:
The terms of Hilltop Ads’ service are available in full on its website, accompanied by guidelines for advertisers and publishers respectively. With regards to the latter, the headlines are as follows:
- Publishers serving impressions via fake video players, ‘404 errors’, i-frames and other unscrupulous methods risk a penalty. Additionally, all traffic must derive from legal sources, and the manipulation of stats through artificial methods is prohibited.
- Websites cannot contain software viruses or other types of code designed to disrupt or harm the performance of a computer – i.e. one being used to access a website.
- Any attempts at misleading or cheating Hilltop Ads will warrant at the very least the suspending of activities.
- Content on each site will have to deemed as ‘real’ and not come in the form of ‘blind links’.
Publishers that sign up for an account to try out the service and miss the $50 minimum should also be wary of a maintenance fee which may be charged in the event of their site failing to hit the minimum within a six-month period.
Read also Best Adult Ad Networks 2017
Hilltop Ads has an active referral program which allows its publishers to earn even more via the platform. The system works by allowing an existing user to refer another publisher to the network and, provided they reach the $50 minimum, earn 5% of any commission they make.
This is made possible by the circulation of special links, which are supplied by Hilltop Ads.
- Fill rate of 100% makes good use of all traffic
- Good rates of CPM, particularly on mobile
- Customer support available through Skype, email and phone
- Weekly payout schedule
- Option of withdrawing money via ePayments free card
- No self-service panel means each change to a campaign has to go through a manager
- Pop under is the only ad format supported
Read also 10 Best Pop-Under Ad Networks 2017
The rundown of advantages offered by Hilltop Ads makes for good reading, especially when it comes to making money. With a reliably high CPM to its name, the network outperforms many of its competitors in one of the most crucial factors. Meanwhile a referral program allows earning top-ups in the form of 5% from every new publisher’s revenue.
Earnings are available weekly via a number of platforms; the options of Bitcoin and ePayments being useful alongside usual offerings like PayPal, Paxum and wire transfer.
Customer support is available via Skype, email and phone, but keeping such a high level of communication is vital given that no self-service panel is available for publishers wanting to make changes to their activity. Another downside is the lack of ad inventory, as sites that don’t support or favour pop unders are left in the dark.
Overall there are enough reasons to link up to Hilltop Ads, which welcomes big and small publishers in equal measure.
There are advantages and disadvantages to every ad network. Thanks to ad mediation services like AdSpyglass, publishers can link themselves up to all of the platforms above and reap the benefits that each can offer.
Our process is simple:
- AdSpyglass automatically selects the most profitable offers from top ad networks and displays ads with the highest CPM on your websites.
- AdSpyglass gives our publishers complete transparency over the data we collect
- We automatically switch your ad tags to the most profitable offers
These create three huge advantages for our users:
- An income boost of up to 100% automatically.
- There is no need to change ad tags to reply on your websites templates. You manage all your ads such as network ads or your own ads directly via AdSpyglass admin panel. It helps to avoid mistakes while you add your website templates and saves your time, even more so if you have numerous sites.
- You can see detailed statistics from all inventory ad networks in AdSpyglass reports allowing for granular analysis and the optimizing of campaigns from all your networks in one admin panel.
Read also Four Ways to Monetize an Adult Tube Site
Read also BitterStrawberry Ad Network Review
And compare all ad networks CPM rates by countries here: Top Ad Networks 2017