Win Rate is the rate measuring the total amount of impressions won in programmatic buys when divided by the total amount of impressions bid on. When dealing with programmatic buys, a high win rate may mean that the bidding competition for the website or user is low at a price point.
The formula for win rate = (amount of impressions won x 100)/ amount of impressions bid
How to Increase the Win Rate
There are different ways to increase your win rate, but you must bid less or gain more impressions. Here are a few ways to boost your win rate:
- Increase your bid price
- Only bid for creative sizes with high win rates.
- Use pre-bid solutions, so you’re more selective of what you bid on.
- Reduce the number of impressions that you bid on.
- Increase the viewability threshold, so you bid on lesser impressions.
- Bid for media formats with high win rates alone
- Implement campaign pacing
- Bid on domains with high win rates only